Tuesday, December 11, 2012

OMG THE DUOCHROME! Color Club Port-Folio, even though they're phone pictures :-(

So my husband stole my (well, technically our) camera for work, so all I had to take pictures was my phone. My phone has a decent camera, but it's just NOT THE SAME. I'm going to share the picture anyway, though, because they really are that pretty.

So I'm a little behind on this color, but Color Club's Port-Folio came out this fall with the In True Fashion Collection. I'm all for a great duochrome, and boy does this deliver! It has a green/purple/navy color shift, with a a metallic shimmer finish. The color shift is AMAZING, I couldn't really capture it to its full potential on my phone but the different pictures show the shift. The formula also isn't terrible, slightly thin but opaque in two coats. AND since I can't leave anything alone, I did one coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust for a subtle holographic sparkle.
Pardon the couch backdrop, I was a little shaken after not having my actual camera. You can see a little bit of the color shift here. No flash, artificial light.

No flash, artificial light. You see mainly the purple here.

With flash. In this light, the purple is BRIGHT. With a little blur to show the holographic sparkle of Fairy Dust.

With flash. The green you see in the bottle really did translate gorgeously on the nail!
 This color is RIDICULOUS to try to capture on camera, if you haven't yet checked it out I highly suggest a purchase. (If duochrome polishes are your thing, of course).

Now, this mani chipped today so I'm getting ready to do a Christmas mani...I had one vote for candy cane stripes on Facebook, you'll have to see how it turns out!

Peace!
-Jessica


1 comment: