Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Try it on Tuesday 2-fer! FLOAM and a hidden treasure...

Hello, lovelies! So I'm on dance party cleaning duty today, but I wanted to get this up before I forget today, hehe.



So once again I am showing off in the fabulous Jill at Jilltastic Nail Design's Try it on Tuesday. Now, today I technically have TWO entries, a mani AND a pedi (which I normally don't show off, but had to today for a reason you will see), though one doesn't technically qualify for what TIOT actually is.

I'll start with one of my BIGGEST lemming's come to life. You all know I've been hard up for some Floam by Amy at I'm Feeling Nail-venturous, which is one of the coolest polishes out there besides linear holographic (my next big lemming, FYI!).  WELL lo and behold, Ninja Polish came through, I got the e-mail, and got me some Floam! It was fabulous service, got here within a week, and even had a smiley-face on the receipt (how awesome, right?). Because I technically just got Floam Thursday, it really shouldn't count as a TIOT polish. BUT it has been sitting in my stash since THURSDAY, and for Floam that's crazy!

And here is the amazing results!


In the shady part of my car (I couldn't resist taking these pictures while I was at the laundromat)

In direct sunlight
Indoors
This is done with China Glaze Strong Adhesion base coat, two coats of Floam, one thick coat of Gelous, and one thick coat of China Glaze Fast Forward topcoat. I think two coats of topcoat would have been perfect, there is a slight bumpiness to the nail. I also think three coats of Floam will have optimum coverage, two coast did pretty good, but if you look close enough I can see bare speckles.

Part 2:

So not only did I decide to paint fabulous Floam on my finger nails, my toes were in need of a little TLC, and I haven't had time for a salon pedi. So I decided to try my Sally Hansen Xtreme-wear Gunmetal that I won in a nail-care basket for my Relay for Life team raffle (this part is my TRUE TIOT post). It was a beautiful gunmetal color, and could have been left alone without a care in the world, because it's gorgeous!

BUT! When can me, Jessica, queen of sparkles, ever just "leave something alone?" So I turned to one of my oldest and still lovely polishes, NYC Starry Silver Glitter. I bought SSG back in high school, when the local Wal-Mart first opened in my rural area of Central/Northern NY (I graduated in 2006, so not decades ago, but still 6-8 years having one bottle of polish).

And I've always thought it was cute when I used it, it has small silver glitter, with blue and lilac hex glitter. HOWEVER, I completely forgot about the holo-goodness in the small silver glitter! So, without further ado, here is SH Gunmetal and NYC Starry Silver Glitter!

Two coats of Gunmetal and one coat of SSG


Closer shot of the big toe
Blurry picture to highlight the holo-goodness!
Isn't that such a gem? It's uber-cheap (under $2), uber-cute, and uber-easy-to-find! Both polishes are easy to find, actually, at many drugstores/department stores (unlike my Floam mani counterpart!).

Be back soon with a possible post that EVERYONE will enjoy!

2 comments: